- We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. Our Website is intentionally not designed for or directed at children who are minor. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone who is a minor.
- While we prohibit registration by minor children, parents should, in such scenarios of minor children, supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. The term “parents” also includes legal guardians. If you are a parent or legal guardian who believes that your child has provided us with any Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected].
II. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(a) From you
We may collect and process Personal Information relating to you by you providing such Personal Information by filling in forms on our site or by your contacting us. This includes, but is not limited to, Personal Information provided at the time of registering to use (or become a member of) our site, subscribing to any services (e.g. newsletters), purchasing downloads, posting material or requesting further services. Such Personal Information may include but is not limited to:
- name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, date of birth, address, country of residence, marital status etc;
- your credit, or debit card or other payment information including bank details;
- your user id and password and other security related information for accessing the Website;
- any other Personal Information provided by you while accessing our Website or when you contact our customer care team;
- We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties who provide us with additional publicly available information about you;
- If you use a mobile phone for browsing our Website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information.
You represent that the Personal Information you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information.
(b) By using cookies
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating settings on your internet browser. However, please note that if you select such settings you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
III. TRANSMISSION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA THE INTERNET
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However, we cannot guarantee that any Personal Information you submit to us will be free from unauthorized third-party intrusion.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
IV. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information collected from our site in the following ways:
- to establish your identity
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and tailors our site to your needs. Personal Information on our website may be used to compile aggregate statistics and carry out analysis in order to help us create website content and navigation that is most relevant and user-friendly to you.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us (or third parties, where appropriate) or which, based on your preferences or use, we feel may interest you.
- to deal with and respond to your requests, enquiries and complaints, customer services and related activities and also for fulfilling your requests for information regarding our service.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to enable credit checks – such as analysing, verifying and/or checking your credit, payment and/or status in relation to your ability to use any e-commerce-related services (if any) on our website.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to conduct survey about how satisfied our customers are and for improving our performance and provide better services to the customer;
- responding to judicial processes and providing information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
V. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(a) Affiliated companies and third party service providers
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies or third party service providers.
(b) Other third parties
We may transfer, sell or assign any data, including Personal Information, to third parties, only in connection with the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of DSM, or any part of it.
We may share with others, at our discretion, certain aggregate statistical data about purchases and the use of our content, which data may include demographic data such as the age range and/or geographic location of groups of users. No Personal Information (such as names or email addresses) will be identifiable from such statistics.
(c) Participation in Online Courses, Public Forums and Signing-Up for Updates
- We use the Personal Information as provided by you for processing purposes, including but not limited to that of following attendance, progress, and completion of your online course. We may also share details regarding your performance in a given online course with the instructor/instructors or other designated individuals who assisted you in such a course. This will help us modify, alter and operate the online course conveniently. We may also collect student generated content in the form of various assignments, peer-grading feedback, responses related to the course data in the form of exams, surveys etc. We may collect or/and store such information as provided by you.
- We may offer public forums. We may require your Personal information if you wish to participate and share your thoughts on these forums. Please keep in mind that such posts as shared by you will be available on our Website and/or any related application, platform. We may collect and/or store such information as provided by you on these forums. We may also provide you with updates by either posting such updates on the Website or through letters, emails, calls, SMS, WhatsApp etc.
(d) In special circumstances
We may disclose Personal Information in the following cases:
- to comply with any legal process whether local or foreign;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our Terms & Conditions of Use of Website and policies;
- when DSM, in its sole discretion, deems it necessary in order to protect its rights or the rights of others;
- to protect our rights, property and privacy and/or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- when we have reason to believe that disclosing this Personal Information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the rights or property of those described above in paragraph (a) or (b); and
- when we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so.
VI. PERIOD OF RETENTION
Your Personal Information which we collect will be retained for a period necessary to attain the specified purposes.
VII. YOUR RIGHT TO OBTAIN, CHANGE OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
VIII. OTHER WEBSITES